Saturday, October 22, 2011

Drink Your Skin Glowing!

Hi My Dolls!
I recently posted a pic of my new daily ritual on Facebook and my friends wanted to know what's in it and what can it do for your skin?

My glowing skin recipe is a modified version from celeb nutritionist, Kimberly Synder (clients include, Drew Barrymore, Olivia Wilde, Dr Oz):
http://www.kimberlysnyder.net/

GLOWING SKIN SMOOTHIE
(recipe makes 1- 16 oz smoothie)
1 cup of water
1 cup of organic spinach-raw
4-5 leaves of organic romaine lettuce
2 stalks of organic celery
1/2 organic apple (include skin)
1/2 organic pear (include skin)
1/2 organic banana
1/2 cup of mango
few squeezes of a lemon
1 tablespoon of flax seed or oil

-Make sure every veggie and fruit is thoughouly washed & cleaned.
-I own my new fav kitchen appliance a Vitamix! (FYI-Costco has these blenders for almost $300 cheaper!)

Check out this link
http://www.vitamix.com/index.asp?COUPON=07-0063&002=2180404&004=2079073683&005=101188180&006=8460234123&007=Search&008=&gclid=CJ-qx_bC_asCFQ175QodwCUimg

1. Start off with blending the spinach & lettuce first, start on low speeds, mix until smooth
2. Add celery, apples, pears on higher speed blend
2. Add bananas, mangos, lemon juice & flax seed

Here's how it looks!
I like drinking it in a wine glass! Makes me feel fancy!!LOL!

So WHY am I drinking this? As we age, we need all the help we can get! Topical creams are part of the arsenal, another part is diet! Yes, we reallly need our vitamins and drinking them is the best way to go!
With the veggies, fruits and seeds in this smoothie, we are getting the following nutrients in our bodies, that makes our skin look healthy and beautiful!
1. Vitamin C
2. Vitamin E
3. Vitamin B
4. Beta Carotene
5. Fatty Acids
6. Phytonutrients
7. Lutien
8. Lycopene
9. CoQ10

All these nutrients help to fight free radicals (killer to our youthful skin), helps to even out our skin tone (our tanning days are catchin up, for real!) and also hydrates and helps increase skin lipids (it's all about moisture ladies!)

Another side note, this smoothie really fills me up, spinach is a good source of protein and also I have loads of energy too!!

Stay Glowing Ladies! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment