Thursday, January 5, 2012

Winter Woes-Chapped Lips be SAVED!

Hi Dolls!

So if you live where the weather is freezing, like here in NYC, you're lips are cracking and dry as the desert!

I have some remedies that are awesome and REALLY DO WORK!

First, you need to exfiolate your lips. A cheap way is to use a toothbrush:

Just scrub your lips when they are DRY, but gently!

Another option is to use a sugar scrub made for lips, Sara Happ has made some awesome scrubs in really yummy flavors! My favorite is the Cocoa flavor.
http://www.sarahapp.com/products_details.php?productsid=7


All you need is a small amount and scrub on DRY lips. How it works-sugar exfoliates lips to an smooth feel and rich emolients that coat the lips so they stay soft!


Next step is to use a lip balm that is rich, condionting and mositurizing! I use to be a huge blistex girl, but realized they really weren't "TREATING" my chapped lips, in fact I was becoming a lip chap addict!

Here are some of my favorite lip balms that are natural and GOOD for your lips!

1st one is EOS! I adore the packaging! SO FREAK'N CUTE!
http://evolutionofsmooth.com//products_lip_sphere.html

These balms have Shea Butter and Vitamin E and are 100% NATURAL! My fav flavors are sweet mint and summer fruit



Next is a new hot product called LIPSTOCK! It is actually a line developed by a former L'Oreal marketer! the lip balm ROCKS!
http://lipstockist.com/product.html

It goes on so smooth and really hydrates your lips with Organic Watermelon Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter Oil and Vitamin E really does the trick for dry chapped lips. And an added bonus- The packaging is so simply sexy!



And if you are looking for colored lip balm you MUST try KORRES LIP BUTTER! Just love this product!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P199109

There are some great shades and condition lips with a swipe of color!



I hope you try these products to keep your lips moisturized during this cold winter!

Stay Warm Cuties!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I need some help...not so much with the lips but my thin hair....I need recommendation on how I can keep or what I can use to keep a good CURL on my fine/thin hair???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    Some easy products to use that I have suggested to my fine/thin hair friends-
    use redken HOT SETS before you blow-dry your hair!

    http://www.redken.com/products/styling/heat-styling/hot-sets-22

    this stuff really works and preps the hair to take the curling iron to create your curls.
    Before you put your curling iron on-spray your hair with extra strong aerosol hairspray, I really like ELNETT

    http://www.amazon.com/LOreal-Elnett-Supreme-Hairspray-Pro-keratin/dp/B002QDHSMW/ref=pd_sim_bt_5

    Immediately after you curl your hair spray again with hairspray. DON'T break up the curls, you need to make sure your hair holds the curl!!!

    If you follow these directions and products you will keep your curls locked ALL-DAY!

    Please keep the questions coming! Happy Hair Days!
    xo

    ReplyDelete